Sunday 26 August 2012

Biking

By George

Barb and I have been getting out in the relative cool of the morning doing some biking around the coast and up into the hills. The first day I rode into the square of a classic little hill village called Paleochori. It seemed like half the village was sitting around the square drinking and chatting, when I rode in wearing my high vis-vest and helmet they stared at me seemingly thinking "crickey what have we got here"!! I'm yet to see any of the locals wear helmets on their scooters and motorbikes so I must've been an unusual sight! It's been a great way to get into the nooks and crannies of the surrounds of our village. Here are some of the sights so far.














5 comments:

  1. Fab pics, George and Barb-could almost smell the salty heat! Dull and raining here! x margie and gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantasic photos.can totally imagine the local's reaction to your helmets/attire! Keep soaking up those sonderful experiences.
    Tony & sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you're getting some exercise over there, not just lolling around sunbathing. ;-D

    I agree with Margie -- fab photos, and almost tangible 'salty heat'! It looks SO mediterranean -- the olive groves, the donkeys, the tiled roofs, the dustiness, the sea. Marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous photos Barb and George....agree with Emily about the exercise though!!!! ;-) We are loving following your adventures xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys we're loving it. You're spot on about the salty heat. Xx

    ReplyDelete