Tuesday 4 September 2012

At the Awesome Beach - Part 1


 by Jay







Yesterday we spent a day at the beach (well  about half a day because we take like half a day to get ready)! 










So when we got there we decided to hire one yacht and one double kayak. While the others went on the kayak, Dad and I went on the yacht. When we got on there was not much wind so we weren't going really fast. After about half an hour, Dad let me have a little steer. 






We still had not much wind, but after about fifteen minutes we caught some really good wind. I had to give the rudder to Dad and jump up the into the front. I thought it was more awesome having wind then no wind. 


When we had lots of wind I was trying to pull the mainsheet up, suddenly I let go and before I knew it I was swimming around in the sea because we were capsized! Dad was still on the boat so he had to jump off. 



If you were wondering, we did have life jackets on! While Dad was doing the things to get it back up I was swimming around following him. He got it back up in no time so we were off again. We still had lots of wind to get back fast but we went around a really far buoy. When we had got around we were heading back to the beach. When we got back, Sophia and Luca were telling us that Papou was saying that Dad had lost his sailing skills and we were heading to Turkey.




I so want to do that again!
  

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha what a great story Jay! Turkey would have been quite interesting, but I think the rest of your family would have missed you.

    Keep the stories coming!

    Lots of love xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story Jay! You were right. I was just saying"Did they have life jackets on" when I read the next piece. Of course you wouldn't go in a boat without them. sounds like lots of fun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rose and Granny yeah it wouldnt be really fun going to Turkey because we will miss the others.
    Love Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sailing sounds like SO much fun, Jay! Yeah, you wouldn't have wanted to go to Turkey without the others ... you would have missed them. I hope you get the chance to go sailing again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jay and George
    What a great adventure, not sure which I like best you falling in or Dad having to jump in too!!! I hope you have lots more memorable times like this. That's what makes a great trip. You are going to have lots more lovely memories like this. Enjoy all the fun.
    Luv
    Georgie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what an amazing time your all having, we're learning lots from your blog, keep us the stories. What fantastic memories your all going to have of this trip.

    Well, almost 1 week to go looking soooooo forward to seeing you all.

    xxxxx
    Crysa

    ReplyDelete