Monday 17 September 2012

Athens Reptile Zoo!

By Luca

On Saturday we went to the Athens reptile zoo!
There were lots of big snakes, small and fat snakes.


This snake is a cobra, they are my favourite snakes. This cobra was up like it is in the photo and lunged at me and tried to bite me!!!

But it hit the glass. Thank goodness!!!!!!!







This is a boa constrictor. There were three but the biggest one was 5 metres. They squeeze their prey to death and then eat them. They can also do it to us.






This is a big python. They are the longest snakes in the world. They can open up their mouths so they can swallow you whole. They are very fat. 












This snake is extremely rare. It lives between Pakistan and Afghanistan in the desert.







This snake is a white cobra.









There were also iguanas, crocodiles, anacondas, rattle snakes, a rhinoceros snake and lots of anther snakes!!


7 comments:

  1. Good post Luca, well done! Looking forward to seeing everyone in Cyprus. Keep the blogs coming! Rich & Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love snakes, Luca! They're beautiful and scary. How fabulous that you got to see so many of them! Great photos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Luca! I something tells me you are going to be drawing more snakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 'I' was supposed to say 'interesting' !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reporting L:uca. Just as well they were all behind glass as they look very scary but exciting to see them!! Los of love Granny and Pops xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEEEEK!! I whizzed over those photos, Luca. Sorry-I'm sure they're very cool but the sight of snakes makes my skin creepy and I want to run. Heeeeeelp!! margie and gerry xxx

    ReplyDelete